To celebrate Vegan January we are cooking off a new dish every week for you to try for yourself at home! Head here every Monday for a new vegan recipe this month. Don't forget to tag us in your culinary creations on social media #TKSelfie. Or if you don't fancy cooking join us Monday - Thursday throughout January for 40%! (T&C apply).
1. If making your own curry paste, place the ingredients in a pestle & mortar & crush into a paste. Alternatively, place the curry paste ingredients into a food processor & mix.
2. In a large bowl, mix the plain flour, sweetcorn & curry paste until it becomes a sticky consistency.
3. Add the lime leaves & mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. To test if it’s hot enough, place a wooden spoon in the oil, if bubbles appear then it’s ready.
5. Roll the mixture into small balls.
6. Carefully drop the corn cakes into the hot oil. When the corn cakes are cooked, they will float to the surface of the pan.
7. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Curry Paste Ingredients*:
· 4 red chillies
· 2 shallots
· 2 lemongrass stalks
· ½ galangal
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1 tsp salt
· 4 kaffir lime leaf
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush and mix together your curry paste ingredients until it forms a thick green paste.
2. Put a medium sized pan on medium heat, add oil and stir in your curry paste until it becomes fragrant.
3. Reduce heat to low and gradually add in your coconut milk a little at a time whilst stirring until a green oil surfaces to the top.
4. Whilst the curry is boiling, add the vegetables and Kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
5. Add the salt, sugar, red chillies and basil whilst stirring for a few seconds to warm them through.
6. Turn off the heat, serve over jasmine rice.