This week we are bringing you Thai Fishcakes. A classic recipe, these red-curry-flavoured fish cakes can be found everywhere in Thailand. Differing from the standard British fishcake with no potato.
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush and mix together your curry paste ingredients until it forms a thick red paste.
2. Mix the fish, red curry paste and eggs into a bowl thoroughly until the mixture becomes sticky.
3. Add fish sauce, green beans, lime leaves and mix in well.
4. Heat a saucepan on medium heat, half full with cooking oil.
5. Gently roll the mixture by hand into balls and flatten into a cookie shape.
6. Drop the fish cakes into the oil and leave to cook. When they’re cooked the fish cakes will float to the surface.
7. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and cucumber relish.