As part of Veganuary, we’re sharing an easy yet delicious recipe of ours – Chilli and Garlic Cauliflower Steak.
To wipe away the cobwebs this January, we want to share with you a recipe that doesn’t cost the world, is easy to make and provides a metabolic boost to kick-start the year as you mean to go on.
Vegan Chilli and Garlic Cauliflower Steak
Step 1 (Garlic & Chilli paste or Ka – Pow paste)
- Peeled garlic – 3 cloves
- Thai red chilli – 2
- Red chilli pepper – 2
Use a pestle and mortar and grind until almost paste-like, but so you can see the garlic and chilli pieces.
- Brown Onion – 1 (70-80g)
- Fine beans – 10
- Red pepper – 1
- Green pepper – 1
- Cauliflower – 1
- Peel the onion and slice into 5mm x 5mm pieces
- Clean the peppers and cut into the same size as the onion
- Cut the ends of the fine beans and discard then cut the remainders into 5mm pieces
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise like steak. You can get up to three cauliflower steaks from 400-450g size cauliflower.
- Cooking oil – 30ml (3 tablespoons)
- LKK vegan stir fry sauce or (soya sauce, sugar, white pepper, mix) 50ml
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Season the cauliflower steak with salt and pepper
- Place the cauliflower steaks into the steamer and steam for 5-6 minutes
- While steaming the cauliflower heat up the pan and add the cooking oil
- When the oil is hot, add the Ka- Pow paste and ensure it doesn’t burn
- When the garlic starts to release the fragrance add the rest of the vegetables into the pan
- Start to stir fry them until aldente
- Add some warm water or vegetable stock into the pan if needed
- Add the LKK vegan stir fry sauce into pan and taste, add more if needed
- Once all the vegetables are coated and thicken then turn off the heat
- Delicately take the cauliflower steak from the steamer and place on the plate
- Place the stir fry mix on top of the steak and serve.
We hope you enjoy our Veganuary recipe this January!
Share your efforts with us at @Thaikhun on Instagram or Facebook