National Rice Week is just around the corner kha.
In honour of National Rice Week (17th September ~ 23rd September 2018), we’re sharing one of our favourite recipes from our new menu – Pineapple prawn fried rice.
We recommend this dish with prawns but you could make it with chicken or tofu – whatever you prefer!
Tip – If you’re struggling to find ingredients, you can find most of them in your local supermarket’s world food section or nearest Asian Supermarket!
20g cashew nuts
1/2 red and green peppers
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
a handful of coriander
1 tsp crispy fried onions
pinch of salt
100g cooked jasmine rice
- Scoop out the pineapple chunks from the Pineapple, leaving behind a bowl. Cut the pineapple into bite-size chunks. Leave to the side.
- Cut up the vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok or big frying pan and add the prawns. Once cooked, add the egg and stir-fry until lightly scrambled.
- Add the vegetables, cooked jasmine rice, pineapple, cashew nuts, turmeric powder, sugar, soy sauce, salt and stir-fry until mixed well and cooked throughout and piping hot.
- Place the fried rice into the pineapple bowl made earlier and garnish with crispy fried onions and coriander.
Thaikhun’s brand new menu is here with plenty tasty new dishes and some old favourites too! Find your nearest Thaikhun here.